Vehicle theft is something that is inevitable. But is it a random act? Or do thieves have a rhyme or reason when they are committing the crime?
Even though we may never have an answer to this question, it seems as though there might be a little pattern behind the madness of vehicle theft.
Take a look at the 10 most stolen vehicles in 2015:
- Honda Accord with 52,244 thefts
- Honda Civic with 49,430 thefts
- Ford Pickup 29,396 thefts
- Chevrolet Pickup with 27,771 thefts
- Toyota Camry with 15, 466 thefts
- Ram Pickup with 11,212 thefts
- Toyota Corolla with 10,547 thefts
- Nissan Altima with 10, 374 thefts
- Dodge Caravan with 9,798 thefts
- Chevrolet Impala with 9,225 thefts
We’re not sure if this is a coincidence, but 52,244 thefts of the same type of car in one year seems to stand out a bit. And to top it all off, the 1996 Honda Accord was the model that thieves went after the most.
Now that you are able to see the large amount of thefts that take place each year, follow these tips to help protect yourself and your car:
- Always lock your car and roll up your windows when you walk away from your vehicle
- Make sure to have your keys with you at all times
- Do not leave belongings in plain sight inside of your vehicle
- Do not park your car in dark areas where there are not a lot of people around
If you’re leasing one of these cars on the list above and it makes you a bit weary, take a look at Swapalease.com where you have the ability to trade in your lease with someone else anywhere in the United States. For more information on finding the best car lease deals or to learn how you can have a successful car lease trade, visit Swapalease.com or contact them at 866-SWAPNOW.