Leasing a car is a tedious process and it is important that you are starting it correctly. This means gathering the important documentation required to be able to lease a car. If you are interested in leasing a car and don’t know what you should have with you, here are some documents to remember and documents to expect!
- Your Personal Information
- Signed credit application that lists all personal and appropriate credit information during your application process
- Your full name, home address (and time you have lived there), date of birth and social security number
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Amount of mortgage/rent
- Additional Paperwork
- Proof of residency if you have lived at home address for a short period of time
- Proof of income
- Copy of social security card and birth certificate if an error occurs through identification on credit report
- DMV Requirement
- Proof of insurance
- Lease Contract
- Lists interest rate, fees, and payments throughout the term as well as the lease-end buy-out amount.
- Contract termination details and termination fees as well as a lack of insurance penalties and over-mileage penalties.
- Documentation of all vehicle information.
- Required to sign all documentation within the contract and yourself and your bank will receive copies.
Now that you have an idea of what you need, preparing to lease a car should be a little easier. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Swapalease.com is the world’s largest automotive lease marketplace and the pioneer in facilitating lease transfers online. For more information on finding the best car lease deals or to learn how you can have a successful car lease trade, visit Swapalease.com or contact them at 866-SWAPNOW.