Part of finding the right car insurance is finding the best possible price on that insurance. Often drivers can end up paying less than the standard quoted prices by getting auto insurance discounts.
You can receive auto insurance discounts for everything from driving safely to doing your homework. In fact, here are 10 discounts that are worth asking your insurance provider about:
- Bundling – If you have homeowner’s insurance, renter’s insurance or life insurance, you can usually get a discount by bundling all of those policies with the same company.
- Multi-car – If your household has multiple vehicles to insure, you should be able to get a multi-car discount.
- Payment method – Some companies give auto insurance discounts if you set up automated bill payment. Also, paying your bill in six-month increments rather than monthly often results in a lower rate.
- Good driver – Establishing a good driving record with no insurance claims will help you get the best possible rates.
- Good student – Teen drivers, or those in their early 20s, often face the highest auto insurance rates. If you produce good grades in school, though, insurers will often see that as a sign of maturity and lower your rates as a reward.
- Defensive driver – Whatever your age, completing a defensive driving class can earn you auto insurance discounts. And by making you a better driver, it can earn you good driver discounts down the road.
- Low mileage – If you don’t drive much, you’re less likely to get into an accident. Some insurers recognize this by lowering the premiums of low-mileage drivers.
- Safety equipment – Cars with advanced safety or security systems sometimes qualify for lower rates.
- Membership – Discounts are sometimes available for people who belong to certain associations or organizations. The specific memberships that qualify for auto insurance discounts vary between carriers.
- Military – Those in active military service and military veterans commonly qualify for insurance discounts.
Whether searching for car insurance or searching for a car, Swapalease.com is here to help. If you have questions about any aspect of auto leasing, from insurance requirements to entering and exiting leases, please contact us.
Image via Shutterstock.com