Safe driving not only ensure that you get from point A to point B in one piece, it can also help save you some money at the gas pump.
No matter what type of vehicle you drive, you can bring home fuel savings by following these seven smart driving practices:
- Accelerate slowly:Your morning commute is not a drag race. The harder you press on the accelerator, the faster you will run out of fuel.
- Slow down gradually: Braking itself does not use up gas, but the fact that heavy braking is needed indicates that you could have let your foot off the accelerator sooner. Additionally, if you do not rush up to a red light, it may turn green before you reach it — allowing you to roll through without stopping or having to accelerate from a standstill.
- Don’t speed: Generally speaking, cars tend to get better mileage when driven at lower speeds. They also tend to not get expensive speeding tickets, which saves you even more money.
- Don’t worry about warm-ups: Any time your car is sitting and idling, it is getting zero miles per gallon. Your car does not need to warm up before hitting the road.
- Don’t carry unnecessary weight: Each additional pound the engine has to move requires more fuel. So carry heavy tools and supplies only if you are actually going to be using them that day.
- Keep the windows up:Running the air conditioner does affect gas mileage. But the increased air resistance that comes from driving with the windows down hurts your mileage more than the A/C.
- Keep your car maintained: The better condition your car is in, the better your gas mileage. Having clean filters, good spark plugs and the correct tire pressure can all contribute to getting the best fuel economy possible from your car.
For more smart driving practices and other tips, feel free to contact us at Swapalease. Headquartered in Cincinnati Ohio, Swapalease.com is an online marketplace that carries a massive selection of vehicles to lease! For more information on finding the best car lease deals or to learn how you can have a successful car lease trade, visit Swapalease.com or contact them at 866-SWAPNOW