When you’re shopping for a used car, you have an endless array of choices. To help you wade through all the options and find the right car for your needs, here is a speedy guide to choosing your next used car.
- Determine your budget. Figuring how much you can afford to spend will help you narrow your list of potential vehicles. You will need to know how much you have available to spend each month and calculate the cost of your next new car, including insurance. Our lease work sheet can be of help when determining monthly payments.
- Determine your wants and needs. How many passengers will you be carrying? Do you need all-wheel-drive or the cargo capacity of an SUV? Is luxury or sportiness worth enough to justify the additional cost? Such questions can clarify which vehicle class or type you should research.
- Research different models. You can find real-world reviews of any make and model online. Just because one driver had a good (or bad) experience with a particular model, you won’t necessarily have the same experience. But it can give you a general idea of whether the model is reliable.
- Find used cars on the market that match the type you are looking for. Our search engine can make finding your next used car quick and easy.
- Get a vehicle history report for the car that you find. Knowing its full history will help to ensure that you do not end up with a lemon.
- Inspect and test drive the vehicle. When possible, it is a good idea to have the car checked by a trusted mechanic. But you can also get a good idea of its condition by visually inspecting the vehicle and driving it yourself, paying attention to any unusual noises or vibrations.
At Swapalease, we help people locate or trade in leased vehicles. Contact us when you’re looking for your next used car, and let us help you make the job easier.
Image via Shutterstock.com